Spanish Experience

Hello everyone, today I'm going to ask you about my experience with language.

I was born in Chile and my mother said I was studying preschool there (I don't remember that), and after that, I have to stay for a long time in China. I had an English class when I was studying in China and I learned in this class, but after that, my parents decided to return me to Chile and I had to learn Spanish at this time (when I was a child, I never knew where my parents were). Furthermore, I think is a hard time, because I need to know new people, a new language, and a new culture. My parents have hired a private teacher to teach all nouns and their pronunciation (what you need to pronounce "A" to "Z" in Spanish), I have to learn from scratch all things about Spanish (with the "Silabario").

Silabario


The part most difficult in Spanish I think is grammar, because in Chinese we don't need to conjugate the verb, you just need to put the time in the prayer (after or before the verb). In Spanish, you need to conjugate the verb with different sentences, which are different from the time (present, past, or future) and the person (I, you, we, he or she). Another difficult part is the pronoun, I never understand when I need to use "la" and "el", actually sometimes I use these pronouns in the wrong way. Sometimes I think I just need to use the pronoun "la" when the subject finishes in "a", but sometimes is wrong too!!!

Fortunately, when I went to school, the daughter of my dad's friend was there she speaks some Chinese, so I could speak with her, and she could tell me what pronunciation was wrong and what was correct. I think this was a difficult time because I didn't have a friend and the people bullied me (because I'm Chinese and I didn't know what to say back), but I feel in that time I learned a lot because I had to do it otherwise I was super lost (in class).

Now, I think Spanish is useful for me because I'm going to stay in Chile to work, so is useful to speak with other people and communicate my ideas (sometimes my friends can't understand what I want to say because I use Chinese grammar to speak). Something I find interesting in the Chilean culture is punctuality, all the people when I say they need to arrive at a specific time, normally they are late, I don't know what happens in the situation, but I think the Chilean people don't see the time often.

See you next time!!

Comentarios

  1. I had difficultly learning Spanish but after 30 years I still make lots of mistakes. I'm happy just being able to communicate my ideas but I'm sure I use English sentence structure, not Spanish. I would love to learn Chinese:)

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A show I saw.

Test Pratice

Something you enjoying doing outdoor