My Cultural Radar

I saw "On my Cultural Radar" about Gareth Pugh, he is a fashion designer who studied at Center Saint Martins. 

Hooked on Abba’s holograms: Gareth Pugh. Invision/AP

After I saw the article, I could see the emotion he had in the area that he found interesting and he could feel the idea behind some designs, like the dance of The Rite of Spring, I never see the show, but I have listened to a more negative opinion about the show (the song too) and he can find the show is poetic.

Something I find interesting in the post is the ceramics, I think the ceramics are something you need to enjoy in there and you can do anything. You are free in the world of ceramics and can change the form and do something useless, the design in this world isn't important because you can enjoy the process when you make something with this material.


My Cultural Radar

Hanfu

I told you in the last blog about their interest in the Chinese traditional dress, maybe some can confuse Hanfu, Kimono, and Hanbok and worry because Kimono and Hanbok originated from Hanfu (they don't say that because they feel they invented all this dress, but they don't have as long history as China).

Kimono(Japan)
Hanbok(Korea)
Hanfu in Dynasty Tang (the dress originally by Kimono)
Hanfu in Dynasty Ming (the dress originally by Hanbok)


Weibo

This is a social media like Twitter, where we can post any text or photo about everything, is the most important social media in China with WeChat and QQ. The last two a WhatsApp and Messenger, because you need to add people to have a conversation with us but Weibo isn't necessary, you can find everything on Weibo and comment on everything (not offense to other people). This app has a hot search like Twitter and you can see the news or a quarrel between fans (any star, like who is better between two stars).

Logo Weibo
The hot search today(06-09) 



Xiaohongshu (Redbook)

I think this app mixes Instagram and Pinterest because there you can find anything you like, outfits, lipstick numbers, testing about some skincare product, ideas to take photos, etcetera. The main group of this app is girls, so you have the feeling this app is more friendly. I usually use the app because I don’t use TicTok and when I need some inspiration, I go there and see some posts. I think this app is so important to me.
XiaoHongShu logo
The home page I have in Xiaohongshu

Rice cokker

In China, we have a machine to cook rice and is so simple to use, you need to wash the rice before cooking and push the rice and some water to cook in this machine, I have a technique to know, before you cook you need flatten the rice inside the machine and then see if the water covers your knuckles and open the machine to cook and wait for the machine finish. Is not necessary to wait and look at the machine because this finish is automatic and "ring".
Rice cooker


Bilibili

I think this app is YouTube Chinese because is an app where everyone can send videos and public them (within the rules, of course), you can see anime, class (for everything, for example, language, math, history, etc.), tutorial about the game, etc. The point important in this app is there is a “bullet chat”, where you see the video and send a comment, is not necessary to go to the comment and write, you just need to write inside the bullet chat and send this and you can see the comment crossing over in the video.
The white comment is a "bullet chat"


Genshin Impact

This is an action role game, and the main plot is that the protagonist goes in search of his(her) sister(brother), actually,  I don't play the game frequently but I think this game let me feel the Chinese cultural power and we can transmit something interesting to the world. The last year, Genshin sent the video "Divine damsel of devastation", the video used Chinese opera to transmit the message (the story), the video doesn't have a cover in other languages, I can feel the power and the emotion in the song, I think the game can influence and give know the Chinese culture. I think everyone needs to listen to the song and this is the link. https://youtu.be/EiAhMr6IJTQ?si=xsdqLTwBgcSQ_qZc

The screenshot in the game


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A show I saw.

Test Pratice

Something you enjoying doing outdoor